Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Scrollbar gradient corners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Andreas
    Participant

Everyone knows Sublime Text and that’s because of its style. Well one of the things I’m trying to recreate of it, are the scrollbar’s corners. Does anyone know how to make a gradient like that in pure CSS?

The image might be hard to see, but if you got Sublime Text yourself, resize your window until you got both of the scrollbars and you’ll see what I mean.

Paulie_D

Paulie_D
    Andreas
    Participant

Those are regular border gradients, I’m looking on how to do the corners of the borders. See this post and check number 6.

Paulie_D

I guess I’m missing something…I don’t see any ‘corner’ in the picture you provided…just a bottom bar and a side bar above it on the right.

Andreas
    Participant

Number six, where the scrollbars collide (the bottom right corner).

Paulie_D

What I’m saying is that I don’t see that type of corner in the first image you supplied.

Paulie_D

However, a linear gradient from top left to bottom right (perhaps with color stops) would seem to be the answer.

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/CcxLG

Andreas
    Participant
    Paulie_D

OK… That doesn’t look like No. 6 but fair enough.

I think what you are after might be an inset box shadow.

I’m on my phone right now but I will see what I can do later.

Andreas
    Participant

I’m not trying to look it like number six, I’m referring to that box. Thanks.

Paulie_D

Paulie_D
    Andreas
    Participant

Is it possible without box-shadow, I’m doing this in Qt which is based off CSS2 and doesn’t support box shadow. Think of the corner as a 20×20 div.

Paulie_D

If it’s CSS2 then gradients are out too aren’t they?

.png bg image would be your best option then.

Frankly though, at 20px by 20px is anyone going to notice…let alone care about your attention to that much detail?

I doubt it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.