Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css reset problem with ul li styling rules

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nolimit966
    Participant

Hi there,
    I am new to CSS and having major problems completing my WordPress website due to CSS. Im have developed a template handcoded from scratch but not implementing it im running into all different types of problems.

At the top of my main styling sheet i was told to add the following to stop browser compatibility problems:
    `html, div, span, applet, object, iframe, ul, il, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center, dl, dt, dd, ol, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td, article, aside, canvas, details, embed, figure, figcaption, footer, header, hgroup, menu, nav, output, ruby, section, summary, time, mark, audio, video {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    border: 0;
    vertical-align: baseline;
    outline: none;
    -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
    -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    box-sizing: border-box;</p>

<p>}`

But because of this im now having problems with the links text on my site. They see to be overlapping. The first thing i done was remove the ul and il from this top bit of CSS code, but now the navigation bar (which outputs ul and il automatically via wordpress) has moved down the page about 30px. I have tried to put the ul, il in its own div class and removed the margin:0 line but this surely cannot be the correct way of doing this?

Are the lines which i have added at the top best kept there?

Thank you

Paulie_D

Some resets include ul/li in their resets and some don’t.

Lists do tend to have their own ‘built-in’ padding &/or margin so I generally zero them out too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.