Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] CSS on main element not working for iPhone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Willem-Siebe
    Participant

Hi,

On my website I added the main element and did some CSS on it. However, interesting is that there are no problems, except for the iPhone browsers (standard, google chrome).

On Samsung only the standard browser has the same behaviour, others like Chrome and Firefox do listen to the CSS.

Others experiencing the same?

Kind regards,

Willem

Paulie_D

What issues are you actually having?

Senff
    Participant

It looks like Safari iOS (as well as Chrome iOS) are treating the <main> element as an inline element, whereas other browsers treat it as a block-level element: http://codepen.io/senff/pen/CvKxA

Willem-Siebe
    Participant

Ok, so you experience the same issues, thanks for testing. Any idea what I should do with this problem and should I send those browser an e-mail? Treat it as a block-level element makes more sense…

Kind regards,

Willem

Willem-Siebe
    Participant

Yes, that’s the solution thanks. The html5shiv.js is already updated, but that only solves the problem for IE10 which also treats this main element as inline element. So I use html5shiv.js only for IE8 and lower, for the rest, also for the mobile browsers I was talking about, the display:block works perfect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.