Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS mac style defaults on windows computer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alanjdoolan
    Participant

I have a webapp that I’m working on using my mac. I really like how it looks with the mac os defaults (rounded form elements, buttons, etc) but on a windows machine it looks terrible. Anyone have any suggestions of how I could make it so windows machines see it like a mac view using the css?

TheDoc

I’m not sure I understand. CSS doesn’t care (for the most part) about what OS you are viewing a website in.

Are you more referring to the difference between Chrome/Safari and Internet Explorer?

karlpcrowley
    Participant

I think he’s referring to the defaults
    Some unstyled elements mimic the style of the OS they’re on

Andy Howells
    Participant

I assume he’s talking about select menus – that’s really the only thing I would say is blatantly different. Forms, I guess Search type?

CarlRosell
    Participant

If you style your elements, the default style is dismissed. So just style a element to look like the default on Mac and that will be displayed the same on windows.

TheDoc

Ah yes – I missed the mention of form elements, nice catch guys.

Senff
    Participant

@alexmccabe : unless I misunderstand, the default Windows button in that pen isn’t absolutely default.

Example: in my Windows (Chrome, IE and Firefox), a default button has square corners but in your pen, it has rounded corners.

Makes sense? I’m on Win 8 by the way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.