Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css image switcher/

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wd2b

Hello Everyone,

Was hoping there have more discussions on Chris’s great demo on CSS image switcher found here: https://css-tricks.com/video-screencasts/82-css-image-switcher/

But after a search, did find any, so if for whatever reason, I missed any previous discussions on this, please kindly direct me to it.

My questions: I want to put the image switcher in center and on top of another larger background picture.

I’ve tried:
    1. Putting the larger background image as a background image for the “page-wrap” (wraper)
    2. Resize the page-wrap
    3. Specifically positioned the image-switcher through absolute positioned
    4. set various z-dex for the #page-wrap background image and the individual smaller images while upped the z-index of #One

But
    1. The #page-wrap background image would not show up
    2. The image switcher would not follow those specified positions, only shows up at top-left corner.

Is what I am trying to do possible? Is it because all of these images are background images and so they are fighting for the same position — but then I thought the various z-index of the #page-wrap would help with this?

Any and all help is much appreciated.
    wd2b

wd2b

This is probably the worst time of the year for people to hang around forums, but am quite desperate so will ask again. Would really appreciate any thought from any one on this.

I am new here and equally new to website building, so any all help is much grateful for.

Happy New Year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.