Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Hack for chrome latest version 55

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sobha
    Participant

Hi,

Could you please help me to write a new css hack for chrome browser with version 55, because my website is loading fine till versions 54. Recently i have updated my version to 55 and then site layout is distracted.

If i change the css according to version 55, then in 54 version white is adding at below the header. I am searching for specific css hack for 55 or till either 54 but no luck.

Could you please help me to resolve the issue.

Paulie_D

There are no hacks for Chrome as such…at least CSS ones.

Without knowing what the specific issue is we can’t help. You don’t even provide a link.

sobha
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply!

The issue is the site is loading properly in chrome browser of version 55 (latest), but when i check the same site in version 54 – a lot of white space is appearing at the top (below the header).

The url of our dev instance is:
    http://oursite.simplecrmtest.com/

Senff
    Participant

Could you please help me to write a new css hack for chrome browser with version 55, because my website is loading fine till versions 54

So it’s not working properly in 55?

The issue is the site is loading properly in chrome browser of version 55

….but it’s working properly in 55?

Either way, you shouldn’t use “hacks”. You should use valid code that makes the site work across as many browsers as possible.

The reason why hacks aren’t recommended, is because whenever a new version of the browser is released, those hacks might not work anymore…which seems to be exactly what you’re talking about. Don’t use hacks.

I have Chrome 55 and I don’t see anything wrong with your site, so I can’t help you with the issue itself I’m afraid.

Paulie_D

Site seems OK in Chrome 56 (beta) too.

sobha
    Participant

Thanks Paulie for your quick reply!

Issue is solved for both the versions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.