Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Expert

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    intodesign
    Participant

Hello Designers,

I wanna be expert with CSS,
    I’m look for someone whose really good one and would like to make money for teaching CSS
    I can pay with paypal.

Please help,
    Thanks

intodesign
    Participant

But sometimes it takes too long for just a simple code line… :(
    When someone describing it, it’s easier and faster and i can go on to the next question…

However, I’ll keep searching my questions online, but if someone is still interesting
    let me know…

TheDoc

Instead of paying somebody, why don’t you use a service like Lynda.com? You can go at your own pace, etc.

seanroberts

I don’t care who you are. The best, BEST way to learn will always be to do it. Meaning, get your hands dirty and start styling all you can. I would suggest making a site that you can post your own experiments with css and such. Not only is it productive, it is very fun in my opinion. I enjoy doing this from time to time. I just pick out a property I am unfamiliar with and see how I can use it the right way. After I figure out how to use it correctly, I see how weird I can be it. Ya know. Try to be creative.
    I guess that is just a long way to say, do it yourself. You don’t need a service or a teacher. And what can really push your learning, is finding people who also want to be great with css and you can push each other.

mshort1985

I agree with TheDoc, go to Lynda.com you’ll easily learn it by there and all you need to pay is $25 per month.. and really, it shouldn’t take longer than that to get to a point where you can learn just by reading stuff on the net.

or you can just watch all the videos on this website, Chris is a great teacher. mind you the majority of his videos do assume you have some knowledge of CSS so mabye doing the Intro to CSS on Lynda.com wouldn’t be such a bad idea first.

intodesign
    Participant

the thing is I’m not very bad in CSS, i know how to build a nice and creative websites,
    but the thing is that sometimes i don’t build it in the right way,
    for example everything needs to be dynamic so it will be easy to make changes later,
    or sometimes you just want to move object on other object, it looks so simple but sometimes it’s not…

I know Lynda, but it’s very basic, they just giving the codes with a video examples…
    I want like a real guide that i can ask him my specific question..
    and if I’ll ask the questions here, it might will work but very slow…

TheDoc

I think you’ll find that most, if not all, of the people on here that are providing help didn’t learn their craft with someone over their shoulder helping them along the way.

It’s all about trial and error.

I can still remember the first time that I wrote a full website without needing to endlessly reference things – it was a glorious moment! But it only came through hard work and trial and error.

furrball1383

You could have someone teaching you things, but that wouldn’t necessarily prepare you for being able to think in such a way as to use them, for example the whole list of css selectors is available in numerous places, but even after reading about them that doesn’t bring you any closer to knowing how to use them while building your websites.

The only way to get this knowledge is to actually create websites which use certain selectors and thus learn how the selector works, its pros and cons etc. And on the side, read up on the forums every day, read other peoples posts and try and find the solutions to their problems, read the solutions other people post and make sure you understand whats going on. And of course ask questions. There are people on here who are more than willing to answer them as long as they show that you have been working on the problem yourself and don’t expect answers handed over on a silver platter. That seems to work for me so far, and I’m sure it would work out well for you too!

I tried finding unique websites and websites that people raved about and learning how they code their css, but that only taught me how to recreate those same effects. It did not however provide me with the ability to create different effects myself. Just as anything else, practice, practice, practice :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.