The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css equivalent to horizontal scale?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #278320

    In InDesign there is a text property called Horizontal Scale that reduces text characters horizontally. Is there a css equivalent that I can use? I have a design that calls for horizontal scale on text by 75% of its original width.

    I have attempted the following:
    – transform:scale(0.75,1.0);
    – font-weight: 100;
    – font-stretch: condensed;

    None of the above changed the text.


    Transform only works on elements not text.

    font-stretch will only work on fonts that support it –

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.