Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css changes depending on file name???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    magicmike06

ok so here is my problem…. i am using wordpress as my cms, and on my home page I need the div id header’s position to be absolute, however on the rest of my pages I need the position to be relevant. I am not sure how i would go about doing that though. PHP maybe… but i am no expect on that. any ideas?????? :)

noahgelman
    Participant

Give the html of your home page an id tag and then you can target the home page header without targeting the rest of the headers

<html id="home-page">

html#home-page div#header { position:absolute;}

div#header { position:relative:}

TheDoc

It’s actually much more common to simply throw a class onto the body.

You mention you’re using WordPress, which might mean that your <body> tag is in your header.php file, so you can’t simply add a hardcoded class to it.

Fortunately, WP provides you with a function to put a class on the <body> tag!
    <body <?php body_class(); ?>>

On each page it will spit out specific class names (in your case you’ll want to look for the page-id).

magicmike06

ok I did as you said… however for some reason its making the body class of blog… not sure why when its the home page…. anyways, that doesnt seem to be working, unless im doing something wrong. Its breaking my page wrap and leave as big hunk of white space at the top. heres the url http://27pixels.com the logo and nav are suppose to be floating on top of the slider. if you look at the about page http://27pixels.com/about/ it does as i want after following your direction. the text has moved down. am i doing something worng??

noahgelman
    Participant

If you are talking about the large white gap of white between the slider (which I thought looked really nice by the way. Did you make that?) and the ‘pixels’ then that is because your ‘nav has a height of 160px and is pushing it down.

magicmike06

yes i did make it… i edit an existing jquery slider to make it larger. but the idea I am going for is to have the logo and nav on top of the slider. which is fine, until you run into the other pages… because then all the content seems to float over logo and nav… unless i make those relevant.

magicmike06

got it working :) thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.