Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Can you help me find the bug?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cheries001

http://www.thenaturalcottage.com The main body is pushing the sidebar down below and the links are moving over 20 px but I can’t find where I have it wrong. The bug is in test.css under view source.

Paulie_D

You haven’t floated the main body (#main) but i think it will cause some issues if you do.

It kind of depend on what it’s supposed to look like…and we haven’t seen that yet.

Offhand, I think some HTML restructuring is required.

cheries001

The About US tab has what the page should look like. That page works right except for the weird thing that is now happening with the links.

cheries001

There is a float left on the text on the main. Would that do it?

cheries001

I must have changed one setting in the css to get this glitch. But I didn’t notice it when I did it until a few hours later. I am just a web development college student so some things I am still learning.

wolfcry911
    Participant

> There is a float left on the text on the main. Would that do it?
    Yes, #main needs to float in order to have the sidebar float next to it, _unless_ you put the sidebar before #main in the html

cheries001

No, it isn’t that setting in the main. Can’t seem to find what is wrong here.

JohnMac4

@wolfcry911 is right. I think the quote just ended up going to far.

Your text alignment isn’t an issue. It’s the floating of the container (#main) that is causing the issue.

#main {
    width: 702px;
    border-right: 1px solid rgb(152, 152, 152);
    margin-right: 12px;
    z-index: 1;
    float: left; /* <

This is what they were getting at */
    }

It also looks like it happened because you deleted the CSS file from the Home page. It’s on the about us page.

cheries001

Yes that float wasn’t the issue. Still not sure what the issue was but I am switching the css file to the About Us Page stylesheet to fix the problem temporarily. Home page now works as planned.

wolfcry911
    Participant

the about us page has an additional ruleset for #main that contains a float: left;

cheries001

Yes, but that works well on the page. Where do I click Solved at?

Rohithzr
    Participant

> Yes, but that works well on the page. Where do I click Solved at?

just edit the post u posted and ull get it

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.