The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Css bullet list problem : Please view codepen

• # February 14, 2013 at 1:05 pm

The link is as follows

[my link]( “my link”)

Any suggestions? Alternatives? I’m okay with any method. I want the bullet to be positioned outside the list, but adjacent to the start of the line.

# February 14, 2013 at 1:30 pm

People have snow leopards at home? Other than on their Macs…? And they groom them, wow!

Haha just kidding,
    You can try applying list-style-position:outside; to your ul.

# February 14, 2013 at 1:36 pm

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

I’m not sure I understand your question, the bullet is technically “outside” of the list. You can place it inside by applying list-style-position:outside; to your ul.

I’m a little confused now. I do not want the bullets inside (like in the second example). I want the bullets outside so that the start of the second line in a list item is at the same indent as the start of the first line.(and not right below the bullet). I want the page to look very much like example 1. Example1 looks perfect in all browsers except IE9 where the bullets at the beginning appear to the left of the image

In other words, I want the first example replicated even on IE9

# February 15, 2013 at 8:17 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Thank you very much for the link, Whitworth. I am so relieved! I shall revert if there’s a complication. Seems fine for now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed