Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Bar Chart Not Working in IE7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    miker1961
    Participant

I have currently set up my latest site with some CSS styled bar charts. They are representing my level of work in each of the projects I’ve displayed in my online portfolio. They are set up so that they should degrade gracefully across other browsers that don’t support the latest CSS3 styles. To accomplish this I started with a standard table layout and then added styling to achieve the desired effect of the chart(s).

I am having some trouble with the display in IE7. While the bar charts are rendering correctly the positioning is out of whack. If you view the site in any other modern browser it looks fine. Can someone give me a shout if they see what I may be doing wrong.

Here is the link to my Portfolio page. Scroll to the bottom to see the charts.

http://corvairflair.com/portfolio

Thanks,
    Mike

tmette

I don’t think your table is structured correctly. The Title and bar should not be apart of the same row.

Here’s a quick edit to your existing table. Now just go in and apply the correct styles

miker1961
    Participant

OK, that seemed to help in terms of the structure of the actual table. It seems to render correctly in IE& now with titles above the bars except now none of the styling that I added seems to render in IE7.

I realize IE7 may not render some of the CSS3 styles but it doesn’t seem like it’s even recognizing the width and margin styles.

I appreciate the quick response here.

Thanks,
    Mike

miker1961
    Participant

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong at this point?

Thanks,
    Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.