Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css animation of after and before

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cang_nduc

hi all, im wondering is it possible to animate the “content” of an div:after or div:before. Ex: 0% {content:”test”;} 100% {content:”change”;}
    if not, is there anyway to animate text using javascript, please give me an example
    thanks all

BoringCode

It is not possible in all the browsers except for Firefox. Correct me if I’m wrong :)

denniscohn

Yes…. it’s only possible with Firefox .

cang_nduc

can u make an example of it on http://jsfiddle.net,

cang_nduc

@cnwtx: sorry for my bad explain but i want to ask if the text content can be change? from “a” to “b” by 1second, for example.

standuncan

Well I’m not for sure if I get what you’re asking for, but I think if you just want you content to switch, you could do that several ways. But when are you looking for this content to change? When on hover? If so I would use some CSS integrated content like div {content:”a”;} div:hover {content:”b”;}.

or you could just have two divs < div id="normal">a< /div> and then < div id="hover">b< /div> and then display div:hover to none then on hover you could display the div:hover to block and the normal div to none. If that makes sense?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.