Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Critique my Website Please -:)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cnwtx

vofchoir.org/new/
    This site has been a work in progress for awhile now, I think I am now almost finished. Some of the content is not quite complete yet, it’s coming. I’m open for suggestions.
    -Cliff

JuliaHolland
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Your site is technically very nice done. But I get a bit depressed by the colors you use for your background. So much blue feels very cold and distanced. If I were you I would try to change the background to white, make more space between the columns and add images of (smiling) people.

JuliaHolland
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Honestly if I were you I would remove all the colors from your web site. The nav-buttons, big strokes around the columns remind me to much of early 90’s. I would create an airy, spacious website with white bg and gray font. Maybe a fading out image of blue haven in the corner of the header.
    Don’t look for pictures of people on line! Take your own camera next time you have church gathering and make pictures of the building and all visitors. If I was moving to a new community I would rather join a club were ‘real’ people come instead photo stock images.
    If you need inspiration, browse on line.

HannanShaik

Hi Cliff,
    I saw your website, layout wise I liked it but the colors used are not appealing, In some places the content is not readable because of the background color… please look into it.. I hope you din’t mind I was just puttin my point of view..

-Hannan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Cliff.

Some sort of image of the choir would be nice to see incorporated into the design. Doesn’t have to be flashy or complex. Something minimal like a group photo to the right of the title would be okay.

It has been said but I also think the colour scheme leaves much to be desired. The basic white (or off white) behind the content area kind of makes my eyes hurt because of the contrast to the other colours. The way I often chose a colour scheme is based slightly on this website:

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.