Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Critique My Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pmac627
    Participant

Critique or flat out rip apart. I’ll accept either.

http://new.mactimdesign.com/

It is version 2 of my personal website. I still have a handful of things to fix with the tiny devices as far as responsiveness goes. Additionally, I can’t get the jQuery popup to work (the big circle after you’ve clicked a smaller one) to work on mobile. Its far from perfect, but meh.

I’m looking more for technical critiques rather than design critiques. I’m not a designer and so I realize its not the prettiest site. :P

nexuss

Hi there!

I think whole interface of your portfolio is not that good, But the responsiveness is working.

Check your font styles and sizes.

Div padding and margin.

Styling of shadow on your objects.

I hope I could help :)

Andy Howells
    Participant

As @melindrea said, it’s just a bit 90’s. Colours are a bit dull and typography is super boring, I’d definitely recommend looking into those aspects.

I think what you need to consider is that being a developer it’s always hard to design. There are very few good “hybrids” that can cross the divide and ace at both design and hardcore code.

If the objective of the site is to sell your services I’d definitely ask around for some design assistance as I don’t think the current on is going to help you convert visitors to customers.

I get that it’s there to show the technical skills but it needs to be aesthetically pleasing too to make in interesting.

Also it could use some calls to action “Click here to do X” – “Learn More about Y” etc

tomrogers123

In terms of the design, I’d agree with most other people as far as the 90s vibe (although when it’s a personal site a bit of individually could be a good thing). I am a particular fan of the navigation and the `:hover` transitions. Perhaps to lend a bit of consistency, you could make a slight change in the gradients between the header/footer and the main content area slightly more subtle. By far the most important improvement you could make in my opinion would be to sort out the line heights – the type is tough to read as it stands.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.