Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Critique my new website + Sticky Footer Problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Watson90

Hi everyone

Just got my new website up + running here. Im quite pleased with the outcome but I’d like to know if there are any improvements that could be made.

Anything welcome

Thanks

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Looks clean, have you ever thought about adding a sticky footer?

Watson90

I have a sticky footer don’t I? At least I thought I did.

I have done the code for it with the negative margin on the page wrap and the push div with the height of the footer etc.

I must have coded it wrong :/

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

My appologies, when i browsed there seemed to be a lot of space below the #sidebar.

kgscott284
    Participant

Hmm, I really like it, a couple things are a little iffy…The contact button, I don’t see why it isn’t inline with the other nav items, having it way to the right makes it a bit awkward. Also, the extra wide sidebar, doesn’t really fit as it should either, it would be better if it was a little thinner. Additionally, I would add some kind of hover state to the search button, that is a little bit of a pet peeve of mine…change the cursor to pointer at least?

Everything else, is absolutely solid. I love the colors , fonts, type, and design…

Watson90

Hmmm _John_ I haven’t tested it on a high resolution monitor yet. So is the sticky footer working or not?

@kgscott284
    thanks for the reply. I could make it in with the main-nav I suppose :) yeah I agree about the search button, I’ll do the same rollovers with the form buttons, too! Yeah the sidebar is ~300px; I suppose that is quite a big area just for a sidebar, I’ll make my main-content area bigger and reduce my sidebar.

Thank you, man.

Watson90

Yeah, John I see what you mean now! It’s making the whole page scroll when it shouldn’t :/

What have I done wrong? Do I need to put my whole website in a container div? I have a div class of page-wrap but that is used obviously to keep the content inline whilst the background images stretch to the full width of the browser…

Koopa
    Participant

There you find the solution

http://ryanfait.com/sticky-footer/

Watson90

Hi @Koopa

I have tried following that already, but obviously I have gone wrong somewhere down the line. I will try it again now.

Thanks

Paulie_D

You’d need to start by taking the class of .pagewrap off the div inside the footer and changing the height of the footer to , I think, 105px.

I see it’s also on a div inside the header…that’s probably not right too.

By the way, it’s not necessary to add width:100% to divs…they automatically are 100% wide.

Watson90

Hi @Paulie_D

So do I make a new class within my footer to give it the 960px wrapper, something like;

.footer-inside? And just apply a width to that…

Paulie_D

Yep…that would work.

Paulie_D

The class you have on .inner would work.

.inner {
    width:960px;
    margin:0 auto;
    } etc…

Watson90

So rather than having a page-wrap on my index.php for the loop file I just use .inner? Or do I use none at all?

Paulie_D

Aha….I think it’s that div just before the end of the page wrap with a class of push….remove that div and I think you are there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.