Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Creating website workflow – page by page / section by section ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    taxicss
    Participant

Hi, I would like to ask you guys on how you do your websites. I am more concerned in the “mobile-first approach”.

Do you finish all pages or sections (header – body – footer) from the mobile version then do all again in tablet versions then to desktop versions?

or

Do you finish the header for mobile then do the header for the tablet then the desktop and back to mobile for the content/footer ……..

or

I don’t know how you do it.

I want something to start on. Thank you.

taxicss
    Participant

@Melindrea, Thank you. So it’s better to finish the website for the mobile, all pages(currently I have 6 pages) before making adjustments if needed for tablets and desktops?

taxicss
    Participant

Thank you so much.

Alen
    Participant

There is no right or wrong way to structure your workflow. There’s only easy vs. hard. And this is usually determined by experience. Start building the website and as you run into issue make notes, experiment, etc.

There is no one perfect workflow. We’re all constantly evaluating our practices and adjusting our workflow, whether to make interacting with clients easier, or speeding up the actual development… it’s constant evaluation, experimentation and adjustment.

It’s all about finding what works for you.

Here are some videos I ran across that discuss workflow:

Hope that helps…

Also this:

http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?1788

taxicss
    Participant

Much appreciated @Alen. Thanks for the links.

This really is a great way to learn.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.