Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Creating Horizontal Sliding Effect for Multiple Divs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sukhmeet032795
    Participant

I have multiple divs. I am trying to create horizontal sliding effect for these divs when the adjacent div is clicked. I am trying to replicate this effect http://www.themezaa.com/html/resume/default/index.html?page=introduction

I am a beginner to FrontEnd development and have spent an entire day on this making it complex in every way possible. Can anyone help me with the correct approach?

I would be very grateful :).

Paulie_D

We’d need to see what you have so far, ideally in a Codepen.io demo but the site you linked is quite complex and not an easy thing to achieve for a “beginner”.

sukhmeet032795
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the link to my initial design.

http://codepen.io/sukhmeet032795/pen/pRJRMm

I have created this based upon the link. I still can’t figure out why it is not perfectly working. Also what should be the ideal approach?

Shikkediel
    Participant

If you bind the event to #next and then change the id to another element, the handler will still be cached for the original element. To make this “dynamic” (so that it will always pick the current element with the id), you can use a delegated event handler:

$('.container').on('click', '#next', function() { .. });

sukhmeet032795
    Participant

Thank you Shikkediel for your reply. Is my approach correct for sliding the divs when the next one is clicked?

Shikkediel
    Participant

It seems to be working fine. Although it might not be very intuitive as a sole option to have to click on the box itself for the average visitor. Adding a more obvious navigation might be a good idea. Personally, I would use translate instead of margin to change position. Doing this will be a bit “lighter” on CPU drain.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.