Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] control vertical positioning of floated element..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sadunaresh
    Participant

is there a way to control vertical positioning of floated element still maintaining the boxes around it are wrapped around it?

Paulie_D

I’m not entirely sure what it is you are trying to do….You can always apply margin-top to the floated element and it will move down inside the containing element.

What it WON’T do is make the other elements float or wrap around on top of it.

Do you have an image of what it is you are trying to achieve?

sadunaresh
    Participant

What it WON’T do is make the other elements float or wrap around on top of it.

this is what i am intended to do. I am trying to wrap the surrounding boxes or text on top of floated box… is there a way..?

Paulie_D

I do not believe so.

sadunaresh
    Participant

thank you Paulie…

__
    Participant

I am trying to wrap the surrounding boxes or text on top of floated box… is there a way..?

Not if the floated element occurs outside the surrounding content, no.

Content will wrap “all the way around” the box (above, beside, and below) if the box is inside the content.

Paulie_D

I see… you mean like this: http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/otpJE

I think that’s more what he wanted. Tough to control and put the float in exactly the right spot

sadunaresh
    Participant

without changing the position of floated element in the mark-up, I wanted to vertically align it to some extent, and, make the other boxes which are positioned (after it in the mark-up and are not floated), to wrap on top of it… I got to know this not possible…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.