Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Control CSS to load only once for all iFrames

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shriram86dr

Hi,

I have a 80 textareas in a JSP page – all enabled with TinyMCE editor.
    When i actually did a HTTP Watch & Firebug, i found the editor loads in a iFrame and for each of the editor the CSS loaded. Due to which, there are 80 CSS files loaded which causes the browser to freeze or it takes lot of time to load.
    Actually it loads from my website:
    http://my_site_url/javascript/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
    This appears 80 times in the HTTP Watch & Firebug and makes the site to load the content slowly.
    The HTTP Watch shows the “Type” as “200” for CSS when the page is accessed first time. When i reload the page, it loads from the “Cache”.

Code snippet i got from FireBug:

I heard from TinyMCE that the CSS will load always from cache. but it will be loaded for all the textarea.

Is there any way to control the CSS to load only once which will be used for all the iFrames?

I haven’t got a proper response neither from the TinyMCE people nor from other forums.
    Please help me out here with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks.

Senff
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe that every iFrame will always act individually, meaning it will not know, or care, what is going on in its parent or any other iFrame. So when it loads the CSS from the cache, it’s probably because that particular iFrame already has it in it’s own cache area so to speak.

Every page of every iFrame needs that CSS file, so every single one of them will retrieve it. You can’t pass data from one iFrame to another this way, so I think you’re stuck with this.

shriram86dr

Thanks Schmotty…
    If we see the code snippet i have given above, the CSS is called inside the HEAD.
    The content.css is residing at my appserver. and thus it access the URL as given there.

I’m using JSP and not PHP…

I’m still confused on how to get the performance tuned up.

Please do help me here… I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.