Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design container sizes are changing on different browser widths.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    umar427
    Participant

Hello guys,

Please help me out in fixing this issue, Its a wordpress site, Container sizes are changing on different browser width, I.E Container size are bigger when set to 80% and smaller when set to 100%.

Here is the link-
    http://blues.fdba.com.au/

I’m a beginner in CSS

Beverleyh
    Participant

I don’t use WordPress, but using the developer toolbar will help when troubleshooting any website (if you don’t use it already) – that’s F12 in most browsers.

Use it to inspect the DOM and the element-in-question (.container) and you can see that the width is defined/changed inside various media queries, as indicated in the styles pane. This will point you to the name of the stylesheet where the width definitions are located. You can either go to the stylesheet and edit the widths directly, or use whatever mechanism is available in WordPress to write overriding styles/custom styles (hit up Google for advice on that).

umar427
    Participant

Hi Beverleyh , Thank you for the valuable answer , I tried doing what you suggested but still i’m unable to understand how the mechanism of media queries works with different broswer widths, Can you please be more specific in this regard , sorry if i’m asking too much :(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.