The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

comicgallery css

• # June 7, 2008 at 12:59 am

hello all,

i have a few questions to ask and would appreciate any feedback which might help me get a better understanding of css.
    what im basicly trying to do is create a comic gallery similar to the one at the comic page at this location appears to be using the Comicgallery script which is located at
    so for the last couple of weeks i have been trying to learn as much as i can about the comic gallery script. keep in mind css is ver new to me and i have a little previous html experience when used with dreamweaver.

ok, this is the understanding that i have so far. the comicgallery script comes with 3 main files the kubrick.css, comicgallery.php and example.php. the first thing im wondering is what is the simpliest way i can customize the php files so that i can see what im doing without having to upload it to a server. can i simply change the exstention to html? if im trying to customize this page what is the easiest way for me to do so. so far i have installed firefox and firebug, and also a trial version of E texteditor.

if you look at the comic at, i basicly want to do the same thing. have a background color, header, main content section so that i can simply upload comics and possibly have that sectio grow with content, and also have a footer.

if anyone have any suggestions for how it might be easier for a newby such as myself to accomplish this with minimum effort i would appreciate any suggestion.

by the way Chris, love those podcast (especially the mockup sections) helps out alot.

thank all and i look forward to learning all i can here.

# June 7, 2008 at 1:43 pm

If you want to test PHP locally then you need to download a copy of apache and PHP. This takes some time to configure and can be a real headache BUT is really worth it . . . you only need to do it once.
    Are you on Mac or PC? If mac, then its dead easy.

# June 8, 2008 at 8:08 pm

i use a pc. any suggestions on the most trouble free way to install it?

# June 8, 2008 at 8:34 pm

i think killerpPHp has a tutorial on to set up wamp.

# June 8, 2008 at 8:36 pm

here’s the link … art_1.html

# June 9, 2008 at 12:28 am

thanks for the quick response. that link will help out alot. im sure i will be having questions through out this process, but eventually i will post the end result which even at this stage im grateful to css-tricks for.
    good lookin = thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed