Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Cloud Icon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mwdewitt

Hey, everyone. I have a simple question for you. I want to take this cloud icon and place it at the bottom of all my #main-col pages, but above the footer. The “div” #main-col is 818 pixels wide, so it should land 409 pixels smack dab in the middle. How would I go about doing this? Any suggestions? Also, I got my inspiration from Twitter. Twitter does this on each of their own personal pages with the Twitter logo. So, if you need some reference for what I am trying to do, that would be the place to start. All help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Use CSS to define the dimensions of the image and then set margin: 0 auto; where 0 is the top and bottom margin (change accordingly) and auto is the left and right (using auto will center the element).

.cloud {
    display: block;
    height: 48px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 34px;
    }
    mwdewitt

Thank you. How would I go about writing the HTML to add this new CSS code to the #main-col for all the pages on my website? Sorry. You are going to have to hold my hand on this one. I am not very skilled at coding. All I know is that you stated a “class” with your CSS code, but I do not know how to implement it on my website.

Use the following HTML:

cloud
    mwdewitt

I actually used…

…because the code you gave me did not work. Now, how do I get the cloud to go to the bottom of the #main-col on pages? Click here to see what I am talking about.

@mwdewwitt I forgot to add display: block; to the CSS, I have fixed that now. In regards to placement, you currently have the image inside the #main-col element. Take it out and have it below (just above the div you are using to clear), then when you add content it will automatically get pushed down.

TheDoc

Go back to what Josh did, it’s a much better solution.

Check this out, you just needed to add display: block to it: http://jsfiddle.net/waPmk/

TheDoc

Ah, he beat me to it!

mwdewitt

Okay, I think I have it figured out. Phew! That took a lot more than I expected it to. Thanks, guys!

@TheDoc Cheers! I should have just done up a fiddle.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.