Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Cloned WordPress Site, now I can’t upload images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sanclementejoe
    Participant

Hello,

I cloned one of my WordPress sites, by cloned I mean I exported all the files of the original site and imported them to the new site – the folders and database in MySQL and PHPmyadmin.

My problem is on the new site I can’t upload images, it’s giving me a problem with the file upload permissions. I tried changing the upload location in the upload_path row of my wp_options table, but that didn’t work.

Here is the warning I get when trying to upload an image on the new site:

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /home/freecoup/public_html/wp-content/uploads/best-buy-logo.tmp because Permission denied in /home/dchic/public_html/magazinepromocodes.com/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 177
    Dismiss“best-buy-logo.jpg” has failed to upload due to an error
    The uploaded file could not be moved to /home/dchic/public_html/magazinepromocodes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04.

Any help would be great!

TheDoc

You might have improper permissions set on your uploads folder.

sanclementejoe
    Participant

I know, I tried changing the permissions on the upload folder but to no avail. I will retry it again on another site I suppose.

polson1000
    Participant

recursive to sub directories tick box checked when changing permissions on the folder?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.