Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Chris Coyier’s Photoshop of Chris McGarry?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

Similar to what Chris did to Chris McGarry, how is this achieved so precise? Are there any tutorials and/or feedback on how to accomplish something like this such as camera preference?

Website
    Photoshop Technique

Johnnyb

Are you asking how he cut around the image so precisely or how he took the photo?

TheDoc

1. Make sure to shoot against a solid color background. Preferably white or black.
    2. Highest resolution possible

Once you’re in Photoshop you’ll want to use masks, as it makes sure you don’t accidentally erase anything you can’t get back.

If it’s on a solid color background I like to go Select > Color Range to try and isolate just the background.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I really didn’t do that good of a job =/ I had a job once where basically all I did was cut clipping paths (pen tool in Photoshop) around stuff. It’s a slow process, but the end result is usually better than any shortcuts (e.g. magic wand).

jamygolden

Nice.
    The pen tool usually has the best outcome. I use layer masks when I’m feeling lazy though :p

Get Vertus Fluid Max. Its what all the big guns use for cutting shapes from images. Its amazing

Jerm993

what about using photoshop’s extract feature? filter > extract… it allows you to highlight around the edges then it has a a feature that cleans up the edges quite nicely. I reccomend using the smallest highliter size possible. There are also several videos on youtube about the subject.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.