The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Programming Fundamentals" Dec 02 - 2:00 PM Eastern

@chris about your poll

• .V1
    # August 21, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Hello chris,

I see u still have issues with your poll system, that shows the results in a new page.
    I have been using simulair techniques for a while my self now. And i thought ill share my

Its not a huge fix, its just something u need to know :) if u add:

onsubmit=”return false;”

to your

It should fix all your issues. It should work for u, I tested it at your site by hacking up your DOM through FB and add it to the form, and submitted with out any issues ^_^.

So hopes this helps ;)

# August 22, 2008 at 8:56 pm

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Wow! That would be really cool if that could be the thing that fixes this dumb error once and for all. It took a bit of digging around through the plugin files to figure out how it was building that <form>, but I think I found it. If you could take a look and see if it’s working for you with this new addition?

# August 27, 2008 at 8:28 am

after submitting your vote u cant see / use the poll anymore. But it should work. Else u should capture the even and use preventDefault().

So either-way.. it should get / be fixed.

# August 27, 2008 at 7:59 pm

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Alright well I did exactly what you suggested and it sounds like it’s worse now… So I think I’m gonna pull that out for now. Perhaps a future version of the plugin will fix this properly.

# August 28, 2008 at 3:17 am

What went wrong than? In firefox it did fix the issue when i add onsubmit="return false" to the form.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed