Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS check out this website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ylex1
    Participant

I’m working on this website check it out and leave your comments
    http://www.grupocolegiomexiquense.edu.mx

PeretzM

The background stripes are not aligned properly…

ylex1
    Participant

Hi guys thanks for the feedback

– SpeedGun: I know but how do I do that load them right away? if I need the roll over effect?, and yeah i’ts hard to find a lighter blue and green that goes well with white letters, any thoughts?

– PeretzM: I know I had to do it myself and it didn’t work do you know any web-patterns source?

– ChristopherBurton: I’m using the nivo-slider, it has a sprite for loading but I just couldn’t figured out how to adjust it with my css because it came with his own css rules and it was a pain to position it the way I wanted it.

virtual: I don’t think there’s necessarily too much going on or it to be confusing basically it’s just a bunch of buttons, you’re right about the information it’s just that the “client” doesn’t give me any and he really doesn’t understand the importance of it, I’m doing wonders with what I have, I think you’re right it’s like there’s no focus on any of the elements again it’s just a bunch of buttons, but the hierarchy and of the links is well defined and understandable for the interested student who doesn’t know what he’s searching but it’s interested in this school, any book on web-design? hope to get better

thanks

clokey2k
    Participant

Why is the #slider the only element with a box shadow? It doesn’t look right, I think you can safely drop the shadow (as in remove, not add a drop shadow – this could get confusing!).

nigeldunkley

the background image looks out of place. maybe try the lines closer together?
    Also agree 100% with clokey2k about the DS

TT_Mark

You should be using CSS sprites for the image swapping. Basically position regular image and hover image side by side in one larger image, then just switch the background position of the image when you hover over it.

SmashDeveloper
    Participant

Well, if you are aiming at simplicity you are on the right way, but if you want efficiency you will have some problems. I would use sprites or a image preloader for the images. The design isn’t very bad actually for what we see these days on school web-sites.

http://www.technikum-wien.at/

Here is an example of a well designed school site.
    P.S. I got my degree there. ^^

SmashDeveloper

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.