Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Change text color on widget box on WordPress CSS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryanblogsthis
    Participant

So, I’ve been editing a WordPress theme on my blog. The issue is the text color in a box (widget?) that is placed directly above the box that displays my post. The box is black and the text is dark gray so you can’t see anything. Where should I look for the code to update this particular attribute?

I would have added a screenshot of this but there didn’t seem to be an option for attaching files.

Thanks to anyone who has recommendations! I’m working on developing my skills in CSS.

Ryan

Beverleyh
    Participant

The mighty developer console will be your saviour! F12 in most browsers, although you can invoke it directly by right-clicking the problem element, then selecting “inspect” from the context menu. When that’s visible, use the main pane to drill up/down the HTML, and the styles pane on the right to tweak your CSS. You can edit it live in the browser, then when you’ve got your modifications looking nice, transfer them to your stylesheet. CSS selectors will be shown in the styles pane (along with related stylesheets) to help guide you on your quest.

Good luck with your project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.