Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Carousel Slider – Javascript/CSS/JQuery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jerryr125
    Participant

Hi -I am in search of a carousel slider for images to place on a website.
    The carousel slider must :
    – be free
    – work with javascript/css (jquery)
    – the slider MUST obtain the images from a directory. This way, the site administrator can simply upload the images into the specific directory without changing code.

thoughts ? jerry

Paulie_D

Thoughts?

Google.

jerryr125
    Participant

Hi I did a google search.
    The issue I keep having is that the images have to be entered into the code instead of from a specific directory
    Help

Egp
    Participant

As far as I know, that’s not possible. Not even Javascript, if I got correctly, can read files in a folder and put them in LI’s. Perhaps with Java in an applet.

With HTML and Js, you have to encode them in the .html…
    (as far as I know)

Egp
    Participant

Ah sorry,
    it just occurred to me: with PhP you can do this (perhaps): if you don’t know it, google ‘php read files’.

To use php, however, you must install wamp server (which includes Apache, for Windows).

Egp
    Participant

If I got it right, he wants to take whatever files are in a specific directory and put them the slider’s list of images, dynamically. It cannot be done with JS, but with PhP (server-side), it can (maybe). I suggest transferring the problem to the PhP forum.

Paulie_D

I suggest transferring the problem to the PhP forum.

Until the OP comes back with a response as their comfort level with any of this, I’ll leave it where it is for now.

Egp
    Participant

Sure, that was intended for the OP as well…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.