Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Canonize elements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    manuel-chomsky
    Participant

Hi everyone,

The other day I got the task of delete unused or duplicated elements in a website.

Despite the task sound as not too much complexity, soon I realized the titanic task at hand: to find in every element (js, css, html and, in this case, jsp) references to the elements, to see if there where some element unused, and also see which elements are duplicated. Also, there are several relative paths (../../) in the references, so it’s truely a hell.

I got the Duplicate Cleaner and it helps me find the paths of the duplicated elements, but nothing more.

I have already made a still-not-so-elegant java program to rename the relative paths, and a little modification to find and replace references… but the logic of chosing or creating a unique (canonized) element and make all other reference it still slipt out of my hands.

Have anyone made something like this before? How did you made it? Is there some program to help with this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.