Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS cannot get any simpler.. but works differently in ie and fir

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    badinar
    Participant

some help plzzz… i dont think i can start off css with any simpler example than listed below.. but it works differently in ie and css. i would like it to be like how it comes out in firefox.. can someone tell me how??

Thanks!!!

Code:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mikes

At a glance I don’t see anything wrong with that. Although I just woke up so I may have missed something :)

First thing I’d do is stick a doctype on there. That may be affecting how browsers are interpreting it.

If that doesn’t fix it, post a link so people can see how it’s not working.

If you’re just getting started with css you may not be familiar with resets. I went a long time before I heard of them but it will help you out down the road reducing the number of issues with pages looking differently in different browsers. Do a search here on resets. I’m sure I saw an article on them.

hth

badinar
    Participant

Thanks for the reply mikes. Here is the HTMl with doctype included. this is just a quick mockup of the problem i have elsewhere… and it is in the development and is not hosted anywhere…

thanks for the info about resets… i’ll look around to find more info about it.

i have uploaded the images of how the display looks..
    [img]http://image69.webshots.com/669/2/62/19/2058262190048685497cczcvE_fs.jpg[/img]

[img]http://image71.webshots.com/71/4/60/33/2617460330048685497CLayRd_fs.jpg[/img]

Code:

Untitled Page

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.