Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Can you helpm fix this, embed code hidden for visitors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JamieW
    Participant

Is there a way to have a peace of CSS code that will take out the visibilty of the embed codes on the pages, so that it’s hidden for the visitors and only visible in the search

__
    Participant

Your question is unclear. Please try to explain in more detail what you are trying to do. Remember, we have no idea what you’re working on or what problems you have encountered.

What “theme” are you talking about? are you using a CMS (e.g., WordPress)? are you talking about using a video with <embed>, or something like embedding a video from youtube? what “embedded code” is visible?

If you have a link to your page, or if you can recreate the problem on codepen, that would also be helpful.

JamieW
    Participant

thank you for your fast reply, well i run a sharingsite with videos and images, my members upload videos and images and so on, but the embeded code is visible for all my visitors and easily to get with copy and paste, then they use it for other sites , i don’t want that and i need a code to put the embed code hidden for the visitors, the site is not from wordpress

__
    Participant

the embeded code is visible for all my visitors and easily to get with copy and paste, then they use it for other sites , i don’t want that…

Are you displaying the code? Or are you talking about the HTML source code?

If it’s the former, we’d need to see your site before we could offer any advice.

If it’s the latter, there is really not much you can do about it:

In order to view an embedded video, a web browser needs to download/stream it. That means it needs the video URL. Once you provide the URL, it is out of your control. Even if you “hide it” somehow, it needs to be accessible to the browser in order to be used, and it is therefore accessible to the user as well.

What is the specific problem you’re trying to solve? Copyright? Bandwidth? Subscriptions/payments?

JamieW
    Participant

it’s only to hide the box with the embedcode for vistors, i know they can find it in the source but
    not everybody knows how to do that, so i want to hide the
    box with the embedcode wich is visible just under the videoscreen.
    When it’s hidden it becomes a lot more difficult for those who were planning to use my embed codes for their sites and benefits ,
    I do all the hard work and those losers just come by and steal my embed codes and added to their own sites or blogs.
    I hope you understand my point of view.

__
    Participant

So, you’re displaying the code and you don’t want to. As I said above (twice), you’d need to share a link to your page (or make a codepen or similar), or it will be difficult to offer any useful advice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.