Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Can a Jquery data-url?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    creative

Hi, I am working on keeping every website I am working valid. But I needed to get social, and I found this amazing plugin: WP Buttons plugin by Linksku

The problem is that is using a few codes that make my website unvalid. I am pasting the code problem. But I am wondering, if I place that in a Jquery (I wouldn’t know how to do it), I am pretty sure that it would validate. Any help?

Error: there is no attribute “share_url”
    Error: there is no attribute “href”
    Error: there is no attribute “size”
    Error: there is no attribute “count”
    Error: element “g:plusone” undefined
    Error: there is no attribute “data-url”
    Error: there is no attribute “data-counter”

creative

I saw this done for a twitter button. Can it be done for the rest?

creative

This website is done as xhtml 1.1 strict. And is not working valid. Is there a way to create a Jquery for it?

creative

As a Question. How many people will have JavaScript disable? I have worked for big firms, I heard this before. Just like the mantra about validation will help you with SEO (I validate every website, BUT YET I see not difference in SEO).

Is this a mantra? I mean, I should worry if some one will come to my website with IE6?

Just a though.

chrisburton
    Participant

Google will rank your site higher over a competitor’s non-validated website. Also, those without javascript turned off, I believe is something like 1%.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.