Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Buying A Domain

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    godonholiday

I am looking at buying a domain from godaddy.
    they are offering private reg for free. Will this effect me in reselling or anything like that?
    thanks

You’re ta;king about the domain privacy feature, right? I don’t see why it should. However, if someone someone looks up your domain name and checks to see who registered it (and, thus, who to contact if they are interested in purchasing) it’ll make it a little bit harder to contact you.

vincent

GoDaddy sucks… Don’t use them to purchase or check to see if a domain is available. They have taken domains I have searched a couple of times. Like, a domain I wanted didn’t have a website so I went to purchase it on my GoDaddy account and it said it was taken but I could pay $18 or whatever to reserve it for when it comes back. Then, later that day I check the website again and it has their parked domain advertisement shit all over it… It’s happened with a couple domains that have the word "google" in it, I think they have an algorithm filtering out domains with "google" and some other keywords… BS.

Matt

Same as Vincent. GoDaddy likes to park domains when I’ve searched them. I’ve had to register and then transfer many domains because of that.

indy33
    "godonholiday" wrote:
    I am looking at buying a domain from godaddy.
    they are offering private reg for free. Will this effect me in reselling or anything like that?
    thanks

No, private registration with any registrar will not effect you in reselling the domain name at all. If you are using a domain brokerage house like sedo or godaddy auctions, the buyer should feel pretty confident that you are the holder of the domain name, and they do escrow anyway, so it should not effect anything. If you don’t want the domain registration to be private, someone could contact you if they were interested in purchasing the domain name from you. If you use Godaddy.com, and are selling the domain, I would recommend immediately putting up a 1 page site on the domain name offering it for sale, so that Godaddy cannot put up their parked page on the domain name. Hope this helps, thanks.

cool0

Friend you can also buy your domain name here advert removed .It having the facility of ‘private Registration’..
    But it’s not effect you to reselling business.

vincent

HostGator.com/domains forwards to registryrocket.com

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I would recommend Private Registration if it’s free. It doesn’t affect reselling. It only makes it so no one really knows who registered it (beside your host). I’m sure Google keeps a record of who owns what domain, and it may be nice in the future to remain anonymous.

[OFFTOPIC]

"vincent" wrote:
    GoDaddy sucks… Then, later that day I check the website again and it has their parked domain advertisement shit all over it…

Having a domain with the Godaddy parked advertisement just means it was registered and parked at Godaddy. Did you check the whois to see who registered it? I’m sure it wasn’t Godaddy.

But you do have a point: it’s actually a pretty common happening, and as far as I’m aware, all major registrars (or maybe it’s the domain registry itself) create lists of domains that have been searched for an are available. I met a guy who bought those lists and purchased domains like you mentioned.

"xheathen" wrote:
    "cool0" wrote:
    Friend you can also buy your domain name here *SPAM* .It having the facility of ‘private Registration’..
    But it’s not effect you to reselling business.

LOL

lol, quoting a spamer’s link is only rewarding the spammer for being a spammer…

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yea, the Godaddy purchasing steps with all the upsell offers is a pain in the butt…

Although IMHO nothing beats the simplicity/epicness of the 1and1 admin area, including cpanel. There are absolutely no restrictions as to which domains can point to which folders, or which domains free email accounts have to be used for, etc.

RicardoMain

I would recommend you buy from Namecheap and Domainka, I have bought some good domains there and so far I am satisfied with their service and assistance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.