Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Bug in IE6 for sprite menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I posted early this week regarding the same problem but have loaded the file on a server now to show my issue with IE6, the page is perfect in FF but IE6 it shows both images?

http://remotecontroldesign.com.au/sophistocrat/nav.html

Toby Pitman
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t have IE6 in front of me but I reckon it’s got something to do with the top 10px margin on the <a> tags. Get rid of that and put a top margin on the <ul> instead. Give the <ul> a height of 11px too.

I could be wrong but give it a try.

Tob

Thanks for your reply but I am still getting the same result, it is like IE is over writing the height I am declaring of 11px and showing the full 22px of the image. Very strange.

Any other help would be great.

Spunkmeyer

Well, you’re using "background();" instead of background-image(); for your nav items. You could try changing that out. You also don’t need "transparent" when the background color of the images is the same as the page background (unless you’re putting something behind it?) Also, I think you can take out that scroll function. In any case, if the height of the "li a" were the same as the image height, you shouldn’t have that problem.

Also, as far as I can tell, you don’t need to indicate "list-style-image:none;" if you have "list-style-type:none;" I could be wrong, but I think list-style-none trumps all.

Chocopunk

That’s kind of strange indeed.
    What i might suggest you is to add a line-height:0 and/or a padding:0 to the li a.

Yeah nice work! Looks perfect.

Thanks for everyone’s help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.