Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Browser Native Password Save (workaround)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Le Marquis
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I currently working on a project which has to do with profile management and Login systems. One thing occured to me, which I might need some help with. If possible…
    A client of mine wanted to turn off the native browser password save. Which seems impossible.

I tried to create a generic ID, which also failed. Which made me try out making more html tags generic. Also failed!

Does anyone know how to force the browser, not to pull up the safe password dialog, without plugins or anything else?

Your knowledge is most welcome,
    Dennis

Paulie_D

No, you can’t do that AFAIK.

Each user would have to do that indivdually in each browser. I run 4 browsers each with their own systems plus two password management extensions.

This should be (and is) an individial user decision.

Senff
    Participant

The only thing I can think of, is to somehow make the password field a regular text field (not type=”password”) and then mask the characters in a different way. But that might be a nightmare on the server side of things…

That aside, I agree with Paulie that should always be an individial user decision.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.