Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Bootstrap / JS – Trying to adjust margin-top

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cscodismith
    Participant

I am working on a small project to work on but for some reason the content

.col-md-4
    .col-md-8

I am trying to adjust the above class’ with a margin-top to get it to move away from the header but for some reason when I do so it moves the header along with it although I want the header to stay where it is and the content has some vertical room / space from the header.

You can view a codepen of the problem I am have here.

Best regards,
    Codi

Beverleyh
    Participant

In what way does it move the header? I’m not seeing the issue you describe – The header has a fixed position and remains in the same place with the same width and height. The green panel overlaps it until you add the margin line.

Beverleyh
    Participant

Hmmm, your CodePen appears to have changed. It previously had this declared for .content;

margin: 100px auto;

/* This line should move only the green .col-md-4 & .col-md-8
    but it moves the header along with it!? */

But now it looks like this;

max-width: 65%;

/* This line should move only the green .col-md-4 & .col-md-8
    but it moves the header along with it!? */

Have you updated?

cscodismith
    Participant

I have added

.container

to a div in the body tag which is wrapped around everything and now I have fixed the issue I had at first but now all the elements are to the right of the screen as if I have a css set on them like

float: right;

but I do not. I’m not sure what the issue is now that is causing it to do such a thing.

cscodismith
    Participant

Fixed this problem I am having. I had the bootstrap css element

.container

around the header as well – This made everything look VERY weird and when I removed the header outside of the

.container

I was then able to fix it and noticed that the header actually went the entire width of the screen. I updated my codepen here if you would like to see the sourcecode.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.