Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Best Small Business Licensing for Web Development in USA?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steven Morgan
    Participant

This is kind of a different question for CSS-Tricks.

Me and a co-worker are starting our own company and wondering what the best approach is as far as licensing. Obviously we would want to pay as little in taxes as possible, but still be protected.

We are both web developers and have quite a bit of business. We aren’t sure if we should get an LLC, or just file taxes as individuals working under the same business license.

Just not sure what the difference is, or best approach. What have you gone with?

Paulie_D

This is one case where you DEFINITELY need the advice of a Tax Attorney.

Your specific situations will impact the decisions you have to make. You might need to consider a variety of factors, location, marital status, personal offsets etc. that may not apply to others.

Steven Morgan
    Participant

@jurotek thanks for the advice. Yes we will both be equal partners. I do more front-end development and my partner does more database/backend work.

Great advice.

chrisburton
    Participant

As an International Business major, I agree 100% with @jurotek. A Limited Liability Partnership would be the best approach in your situation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.