Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Best CMS to give Client Access to Edit pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    daydreemer

I have a client who wants access to a 2 of the pages of their site to make regular updates in the main content area of each page. Does anyone have any recommendations of the best (and easiest) CMS to accomplish this. It is important that they only have access to what they need… not the whole site.

Thanks
    Steve

tcindie

CushyCMS is probably your best solution.. you can define exactly what is editable by adding class tags to specific elements. It’s free, and no need to install anything extra on the webhost, just have to have ftp access to the site.

I just set it up for a friend’s site I did, because he wanted to be able to get in and change text as needed without worrying about learning how to decipher markup. It’s really a pretty slick little tool. :)

And if you REALLY wanted to, you can upgrade to a "Pro" account for $28/mo and custom brand the interface.. though that’s probably not necessary in most cases.

daydreemer

Is Cushy the one most designers use to give clients access? What are the recommended alternatives?

I’d really appreciate hearing from people who are actually using a system for their clients, that they are happy with.

Jonz

CusyCMS is great I’d recommend it and really simple for you and your client, especially if you don’t have a great knowledge of coding. I was going to start using it for people I do sites for but I found Expression Engine and WordPress. Just using them cause I wanna be more technical and get the opportunity to do some coding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.