The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Background Picture does not show up after using FTP

• # November 5, 2012 at 10:40 am

I have created new Web site. When I replaced old one with new one using FTP it does not show background picture. I do not know how to fix it. What should i do?

# November 5, 2012 at 10:55 am

Without a link it’s hard to comment but the likely answer is that you haven’t uploaded the image OR that the image location in the URL in your CSS is now incorrect.

# November 5, 2012 at 11:16 am

To expand on what @Paulie_D said: You may want to double check that the file extension and case are the same as the original. This.file is not the same as this.file

# November 5, 2012 at 11:32 am this is the website. And I am not really gooa at that but needed to finish it. I have checked the HTML folder and it has that background picture. It was showing before i published it using FTP. i have deleted old one and added new.

# November 5, 2012 at 11:33 am

# November 5, 2012 at 11:42 am

So which background image is not showing up…is it the grass.jpg.

I’m guessing that you haven’t uploaded it?

Actually…from what I can see…the whole thing is a mess with divs/footer not showing etc…ahhh I see that they have white text…that’s part of it.

# November 5, 2012 at 11:44 am

When u go to website it shows white background. I suppose to be grass.jpg on the background

# November 5, 2012 at 11:52 am

yeah i had white text but my background picture was grass.jpg and it was showing. I have put picture and uploaded. How can we get it fixed?

# November 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

where did you upload it to? It’s not under the public_html directory. Is it in a sub-directory?

# November 5, 2012 at 11:57 am

I put it into HTML folder with other pictures and published using FTP

# November 5, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I found it – it’s case sensitive. Grass.jpg is not equal to grass.jpg. Change the name of the file.

# November 5, 2012 at 12:09 pm

But it was showing before i published it with FTP. SO s it only because of the name?

# April 15, 2013 at 3:36 am

basically i have same problem with Abbasov1 but now i tried to delete everything and re upload it again but the result was now index of. what is the problem with it guys? this is my url

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed