Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Background-image for body stopped working.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

I’m converting my PSD template to html and I was adding divs when I noticed the background for the body isn’t displayed anymore.

I noticed that when I turn off the Live View in DW it works but on Live View and on browsers it doesn’t. Also, Firebug doesn’t display the body selector when you inspect it.

Dreamdealer

Probably the elements in the site float and therefor the body doesn’t “get a height” and isn’t rendered. Have you got a link to a page were we can view the problem?

I can send the page thru email kind sir. You see, I’m starting out on my journey to become a web designer and any kind of help will be appreciated.

All elements that float are contained in containers that have specified height.

Screenshot here

Dreamdealer

It is difficult to see what’s exactly happening from only a screenshot..

I see an extra “i” as first character that I don’t recognize, but if that screws up the CSS it shouldn’t work at all. What happens if you assign a “height: 2000px;” to the body element? And what is that thin grey line at the bottom of the screenshot? Is that the background image?

the thin grey line is actually an image contained in a div inside the main container. Where can I upload this mock site?

Hi Paulie thanks for the suggestion. How about the images? I just upload them and change the directory on the jsfiddle code?

Here is my jsfiddle code!

I love you Chris Coyier!

Tcooper

You would need to upload the images somewhere and link to them – don’t know if it is causing whatever problem you have but you should fix this:

background: #fff url(images/bg.jpg) repeat-x);

Lose that final paren.

holy cow! How did that get in there? I knew it was some CSS typo! Thank you so much TCooper!

This problem is solved!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.