Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Background image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ok, so I wanted to have a png with both top rounded corners at the top of my div as a background and then have a background color. The problem is that the background color will show through the png with the rounded corners on the top. Can I move the background image up so its above the div a little so the background color does not show through?

Thanks!

TheDoc

No.

You would need to create separate divs which would be a pain in the ass and a waste of time.

Why don’t you just fill in the background color on the png to whatever it needs to be?

because the body background is a pattern and I cant target the exact location of the content box on every browser. That helps because I didn’t know if that was possible or not.

Thanks.

TheDoc

You could always just create the rounded corners using CSS. IE wouldn’t show it, but it would certainly be a lot easier.

that would work if I didnt have a gradient as well as the rounded corners. Plus most of my viewers are going to have ie.

But I do have another question for ya. How do I make a hover state for first child and last child? because if i remember right they are sudo classes theirselves so can I put two sudo classes on a selector? reason being is I have rounded corners on my nav as well and I wated my first and last <li> to have the rounded corners. I also wanted those to have the first and last <li> to have a hover state with rounded corners.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.