Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Average clients budget?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JamesBarnsley
    Participant

What is your average clients budget?

sliver37

Agreed with the above, I know it sucks when the only response you get to pricing information is “It depends” but that’s literally how it is.

I was recently having a conversation with another local design business about their pricing “packages”, I don’t want to hijack your thread but I think it’s in the same category, for the reasons Josh said, every project is unique so the idea of generalizing packages is difficult..

Just take EVERY project’s unique requirements, work out how long those tasks are going to take you (be generous and add a few for problems) then multiply that by your hourly wage.

So for example, a small business website:

• Home
    • About Us
    • Our Services
    • Testimonials
    • Contact Us

I would bill anywhere from 15+ hours design. 4-8 hours HTML/CSS conversion, then 10-20 for wordpressn’… then a couple extra for meetings, design resources if needed, and overhead. Obviously these are just estimates, project complexities, your skill, and many other factors make it impossible to give any form of accuracy.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Ok well lets take slivers example, I see from he said a total of 40+ hours work there. Charged at the average freelancer rate of $40 an hour and that gives $1600 for a WordPress website?

Do people actually pay that? I have seen WordPress websites going for $300 on other websites.

This is what I mean, people say they charging $40 an hour, but whoes gonne pay $1600 for a small business website built on WordPress?

There seems to be a mismatch between peoples apparent $40 an hour and the average clients budget of say $300 for a small business website.

TheDoc

This is what I mean, people say they charging $40 an hour, but whoes gonne pay $1600 for a small business website built on WordPress?

All of the people that I deal with.

There are always going to be people that don’t value your work. That’s okay because that’s not the client that you want to get.

seansean11
    Participant

Not to change the subject, but what’s a typical annual income of a middle of the road designer/developer? It seems like $75,000 if you can pretty consistently make $1,600/week. I’m not a professional, but would like to be one someday (I’d also like to be able to develop an entire customized wordpress site in a week). I’ve been living in Honduras and have been making low-grade customized WordPress sites for clients for about $400. But then again that gets me by for at least a month of living expenses haha.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Ok thats great for me folks, I just wanted to get an idea of whether people actually pay that and according to you guys they do, so I am happy now.

Brightonmike

Most of my freelance projects I do in my spare time sit between $1-4k. But this is very rough and I’m converting from GBP to USD so it’s not much to go on. I also don’t really do much freelance (probably a project every 2 months), I’m employed on a salary of roughly $38-40k, which is not bad considering I’ve only been doing this for 18 months as an actual job.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.