Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Average budget?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JamesBarnsley
    Participant

What is the average budget of projects you work on in your freelance business?

Johnnyb

Usually under $10 million. But if you were to take an average, then probably around $2,500. Although it doesn’t help that I live in Minnesota.

sliver37

As I’m sure you know, budgets depend on many factors.

To name a few:

• Your location, this is a big one.
    • Competition, their prices, ect
    • The client (do you like him/her, previous business, ect)
    • The scope of the project (obviously 200 page, CMS driven eCommerce site is going to cost them)
    • How well the clients business is going (Successful established business will expect to pay more than a new start-up, for example.)
    • Your expenses

In my current situation I work with a PHP developer, we usually charge between $750 – $3500 for different levels of sites.

Recently we were talking with a client who wants a re-design and a much more robust eCommerce solution than what she currently has.

Once we received the basic questionnaire, we sent her a ballpark figure and she was shocked “why are you so cheap?” she was previously quoted $8000 elsewhere.

So an “average” is a hard number to determine, something around $1500-$2000 for us currently if I had to choose.

drake

I’d like to add something to the original post. I’d like to know what type of businesses spend this amount of money?

Are they home-based, contractors, professionals?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.