Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Arrow Navigation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    destiny

Brand new to web design and I am attempting to create one for my Photography business. However… its been a lot more hair pulling and not so much production.
    I have seen a lot of people using a feature that I really like but am unsure if its possible outside of programs such as wordpress (please humor my lack of knowledge). I am using Microsoft Expression 4 and would like to use what I can only describe as arrow navigation. This is where there is an arrow on either side of the page and this arrow will direct the viewer to the next page and they can return with the opposite arrow. I am assuming Javascript may be necessary to use this as a page redirection, however I am uncertian. Any feedback on this would be great.
    I have been using this site for so much of my coding!
    Thanks!
    Destiny

JoniGiuro
    Participant

This is not something I would do with javascript, I would use PHP or another backend programming language.
    It can be done in javascript by reading the current url and changing the link with a new one(for example the current url is page01.html, new link is page02.html).

destiny

Thank you. Pardon my lack of knowledge, but I was under the understanding that I should not be using PHP with html5 / CSS… if this is not true, then that works. I am just looking for the best method to keep the page clean with no menus, just an arrow to change from page to page. Thank you very much!

Mottie

Hi @destiny!

Do you happen to mean something like a slider or carousel? Check out this [basic corousel](http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#carousel) from Twitter’s Bootstrap framework.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.