Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Anythingslider not working in iframe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    orchid

Having major problems getting AnythingSlider to load properly in an initially hidden iframe without manually refreshing said iframe.

It (ASlider) seems to ignore the iframes position and size when loading, and consequently most of the content is out of frame.

I’ve got a modified script (Slicker Show & Hide) that vanishes the iframe before the page loads, and I think this may be causing the problem (in that the AnythingSlider plugin can’t retrieve the dimensions of it’s frame), but I can’t seem to find a way around it – something like making it appear initially offscreen (instead of hidden), and then when called hide, move onscreen and show?

Or, if that’s not possible, how can I force the frame to refresh the first time I ‘show’ it?

The site is live here

This problem’s been halting my work on the site for literally weeks now. If anyone could please give me a hand, I’d love to get this set up so I can move on!

Thanks

orchid

WOW – I can’t believe something so simple has fixed this.
    Thank you a thousand times Mottie – you can’t imagine how much grief this has caused me!

Now, is there a way to do this so that the images don’t actually resize/get stretched – ie so that AnythingSlider resizes to fit portrait images etc?
    Or do I need to just format images with borders?

orchid

Any ideas please anyone?

orchid

Hate to bump without further info, but after getting halfway there with this problem I have major faith in you guys! Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.