Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider not showing first Panel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bpowers

Hello All,

This is the issue that I am having. I have a anythingslider inside a fancybox pop up. When I click and open the fancybox the panel that is showing is the last panel not the first. I do have the first page designated.

Thanks!

$(function () {

$('#slider1').anythingSlider({
    startPanel: 1,
    startStopped: true,
    width: 800, // Override the default CSS width
    height: 300,
    theme: 'minimalist-round'
    });

});
    $("#lb1").fancybox({
    'titlePosition': 'inside',
    'transitionIn': 'elastic',
    'transitionOut': 'elastic'
    });
    bpowers

I have discovered it showing the last cloned panel when the fancy box is opened.

Any clues?

jamygolden

Try loading the slider on the page without fancybox. Does it have the same problem?

bpowers

@jamy_za. It doesn’t it. Fancybox is causing a conflict. Any clue on how to ressolve it?

jamygolden

Hmmm. Try changing the load order of the scripts, switch them around and see if that works. Try playing around with the scripts, put put one at the bottom, one at the top, etc. I’ve solved problems by doing weird things like that.

If that doesn’t work try something like:

$(window).load(function(){
    $('#slider1').anythingSlider();
    });

That will load up anything slider after the page has loaded.

If that doesn’t work I can’t be sure what the problem is really. I would suggest changing the lightbox to see if that solves the issue. Colorbox is a pretty cool lightbox.

I’ve created a content slider plugin of my own. I’ve used it on content that was initially invisible and that caused problems which I’ve subsequently solved. I’m assuming anything slider doesn’t have this problem but it’s good to keep in mind that plugins are normally created for elements which are visible by default—you may run into problems if that isn’t the case.

bpowers

I switched it over to Colorbox and I am still seeing the cloned panel of the last div first. This is super strange.

jamygolden

I just did a quick test with the latest fork of anythingSlider (1.5.7.3). I wrapped it in a div set to display none and I then removed that property with firebug. The height seemed to be a bit messed up.

Try loading the slider and javascript via ajax. This way it starts up visible. Most lightbox’s come with ajax functionality.

fri3ndly

I have exactly the same problem.

I am loading the anythingslider via an ajax request and everything works perfectly apart from the first slide that loads is actually the last. The nav shows the correct active slide and then once you have moved either back or forward the correct panels show from then on.

This is rather annoying as I am showing case studies using this and it shows the result slide first :-(

I have tried everything I can think of to stop it but with no success, help???

fri3ndly

Hi Mottie, thanks for your reply.

I have already tried the infiniteSlides option which didnt work – it just shows a blank first panel?

I am not using facebox – a user clicks on an image in our portfolio which then drops down a showcase are which loads data via ajax and once loaded the $(‘#showcase ul.slide’).anythingSlider(); is run which converts the populated list into the slider list.

Have you got any suggestions for this?

jamygolden

Why don’t you try using a different slider?

fri3ndly

Because I can’t find any decent jquery sliders that can slide any html content

fri3ndly

Thanks Mottie, have just seen this :-)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.