Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript anythingSlider help please (should be easy!!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mikhail
    Participant

Hi there! I have just used anythingSlider on a webpage and it works beautifully (thanks Chris!) and I changed the div elements to what I want (i’m using demo #2) but I want to remove the left/right buttons, the nav labels and the start/stop button, and I don’t know how. I have gone to the js file with the 3 lines starting at about line 728 which by default are: buildArrows : true, buildNavigation : true, buildStartStop : true; I changed these 3 to false, and it makes no difference, they are all still visible….

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Regards,
    Michael

Mikhail
    Participant

Oh, I think it’s cool now, I was putting the new code in the wrong place! So far so good now! This is an awesome thing this slider by the way! It is going to make my site look so much better, so thanks Chris, you are a legend!! Now I’m going to try and turn it into a fader, I saw the code for that somewhere…!

Mikhail
    Participant

Thanks dude, I’m now going to try to make it into a fader, I like that effect, I have the slider working perfectly but when I tried to make the transition to a fader, I couldn’t do it…

Is there a definitive piece of coding that will turn the Slider into a fader?
    I’m using demo 2 and I am going to try this to turn it into a Fader:

http://jsfiddle.net/Mottie/aRyZ5/7/

how does this look?
    Regards,
    Michael

Mikhail
    Participant

That is so cool!! Thanks! I saw this before, and I would love to use it, but… being a bit of a newbie (actually just 15 days into web-design!) I know how to right-click to get the html, but what about the css, there are links to external css files on that page aren’t there?

I mean, basically, how am I supposed to use this AnythingFader? Should I install the Slider first and then add this source code from the AnythingFader?

Regards,
    Michael

Mikhail
    Participant

Ok, thanks dude, I’ll give this a go!!

Mikhail
    Participant

Well, I’m having big trouble, and I’m basically over my head!! I cannot get the Fader to work, I was able to use the Slider fine and make changes to default on it also.

If anyone can try to help, I’d be so appreciative, here’s my code:

Michael Rigby's Website!

Testimonials

• Let's see how this goes

• Now, 2nd frame...

• Now, this is the 3rd frame!!

• Now... for the 4th frame!

• And, now for the 5th frame...!!

• This is the last slide!!

© Michael Rigby 2012

Mikhail
    Participant

Better still maybe, I am able to get the Slider working fine, from the csstricks page on anythingSlider, using demo #2, can i just do that again, and can someone help me just turn that into a Fader, with some extra code to add to it?
    Regards,
    Michael

Mikhail
    Participant

Oh, wait, I think I spoke too soon, I had the files incorrectly named in the links in the head!

Mikhail
    Participant

Going really well, I have the fader going well as per Hompimpa’s links etc above, but I have a scroll-bar along the bottom that I can’t use anyway, I guess it is to do with the width I’ve set for the Fader or the width of the wrapper div inside it… or margins or padding somewhere?? I’m getting tired now, but I guess it would be a simple little thing, if anyone has a suggestion??

Mottie

Did you have “overflow: hidden” set on the “.anythingFader .wrapper”?

Mikhail
    Participant

No, currently it is set to “overflow: auto”. Also when I just came on now, the fader wasn’t working at all but you could scroll horizontally to get all my elements correctly-that was in Chrome, I opened in IE9 and it was fading properly, but in both cases, still the horizontal scrollbar-it becomes useless when the fading is happening.

It adds such awesome effect to my site, and it is soooo tantalysingly close to perfect but not quite…!!

Mottie

The html pasted above, looooks okay, but having all of the code there in front of you running/or not running makes troubleshooting 100x easier… so while I could keep guessing, a link to your site would be better.

Mikhail
    Participant

Sure, thanks for your help! My site isn’t live yet, this is the first time I’ve done a website, should I just put it up on the net, or can you somehow have a look at it before I do that?

Mikhail
    Participant

I’ll have my site up within 24 hours, so if you want to have a look at it then, I’d appreciate it!
    Regards,
    Michael

Mikhail
    Participant

Problem solved it appears, I played around with the widths and heights of things, mainly, the anythingFader, the div it was inside, and the li elements, and you can make those silly scrollbars appear and disappear that way!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.