Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Anything slider slides on load

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    olly34

Hello, i have looked around the forum and i can’t find a discussion that relates to this problem i’m having. I’m sure that there is a simple solution, its just that i’m really bad at java script! Basically the slider i have customized wants to slide from the last slide to the first, on load. I don’t know what has happened. could someone point out the error i have created?
    here is a link:

http://ollyblake.com/ProLoser-AnythingSlider-4063614/

Thanks in advance.

sylenix

sorry, i did not comment on this post of yours yesterday coz it was working perfectly fine when i tested it.

it seems that you forgot to put a > after your html closing tag. maybe, just maybe, it’s the culprit.

olly34

Thanks for pointing that out, doesn’t fix it though…

here is the java script for those that would like to inspect it closer:

http://ollyblake.com/ProLoser-AnythingSlider-4063614/js/jquery.anythingslider.js

sylenix

it’s working fine. basing from your code Picture%201.png is your first image & that’s the one displayed after the slider was fully loaded. i tested it with firefox 3.6, chrome 7.0, opera 10 & IE 8. what’s the problem with it?

olly34

@sylenix i’m impressed that you would test it on that many browsers! but you really don’t notice that it slides?? if you hit reload you will you can see it. If it was working correctly it wouldn’t slide it would be static until you hit next slide. I’ve tested it on firefox 3.6.12, internet explorer, safari and chrome. I’m questioning whether i should start again and see what happens…

seanmul

Hi, I’m sorry to Hi-Jack a thread. I’m not sure this has been solved, and i seem to be having a similar problem to the original poster.

My problem is that the slide seems to move immediately after the page has loaded, so i don’t think it is using the delay-time I have set, although all slides after this one are fine. Could anyone advise on any of the options I am missing that may be able to enforce the delay time before the slide-show begins – or even a way to delay the slider for a few seconds after loading.

Thanks in Advance.

willans

Just came across this issue on a site I was working on today. This bug is actually fixed in version 1.5.3 :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.