Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Anything Slider nav buttons not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WebGirly3

http://www.dryoungs.com/new/

I have 2 problems:

1. Even though it does slide, the controls on my slider don’t work.

2. The slider doesn’t seem to fit and forces a horizontal scroll bar. If I change the #slider size, it only stretches the image, but does not give the slider more room for the controls. Any suggestions for these 2 issues?

Mottie

Hi WebGirly3!

Sorry I didn’t get back with you…

Anyway, I’m not sure why the navigation arrows aren’t working, or why the tabs aren’t showing up – half awake and hard to see at the moment. But I can tell you that the scroll bar is because of the #outerWrapper width being set to 980px and the slider being set to 931px.

The default css adds the arrows to the outside of the slider, and since the original navigation arrows were 45×140 in size, there is an additional 45 pixels added to each side of the slider, making it a total width of 1021 (931 + (45 * 2)). So either set the #outerWrapper to 1025 (or so) or reduce the slider to 890px (980 – (45 * 2)).

I’ll look closer at the navigation stuff in the morning.

Mottie

Oh and within the “drmelmain.css” file, please remove the

and

WebGirly3

Thanks for getting back to me. I have the nav turned off. I only want the navigational arrows showing. I changed the size of the slider to 890px and that did the trick! Thanks for the tip. I didn’t realize there was so much padding around the slider.

The navigational arrows do work in IE for me but they are not working in Firefox.. Have you run into this issue before?

Mottie

Hey! I think ProLoser might have figured it out for you… did you try removing the zindex from the body?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.